Pages

Friday, 1 April 2016

Goodbye March Hello April


It's so nice that Spring is finally here, whether you go by the meteorological date of the 1st March or by the Spring Equinox of the 20th.  Personally I go by the meteorological date just because it's here earlier and easier for me to remember. During the dark winter months I always feel like a mole due to the fact that I leave for work in the dark and return home in yes you guessed it in the dark. 

March has been yet another busy month what with Mothers Day and Easter.
I did however have lunch cooked for me on Mother's Day and treated to lunch out the following weekend by my daughter as she  had been at work on Mother's Day so nicely spoiled. 

I have kept up with my Terry Pratchett's reading with the third in the discworld series, Equal Rites, the story of a young female Wizard and of course we all know that girls can't be wizards don't we.  Well this one was about girl power and very good it was too. 
My favourite book this month has been on my kindle. The third novel by Brooke Powley called The Other Wife.  I will tell you more when I post my March reads. Needless to say I have read all three novels by this author I loved the first one, liked the second but knew this one was going to be good  when I hadn't even got to the end of the first page and I was hooked. 

I was let loose in the kitchen again and decided to go all creative with yet another cake this time covering the top with mini eggs.  This cake is a Lorraine Pascale recipe aptly named The I can't believe you made that cake and you can find the recipe here.  I had been a little poorly over Easter with a head cold and each time I looked at the cake I was sure there were less eggs than before.  I thought my son had been snitching eggs from the top of the cake only to discover it was D.  

Having had a few days off over Easter I managed to spend some quality time on my cross stitching projects.  I am now at the half way point on The Earth Goddess and once finish she will will complete the trilogy of ladies I have been working on over the last 12 months. I have also started a new project not something I would normally do when I have a project on the go, it's too tempting to just keeping starting new projects and never completing any of them.  My new project is The Quiltmaker, which is a Lavender and Lace chart. It's my first Lavender and Lace project and is part of the Told in the garden series.  She will eventually be a gift for a very dear friend later in the year who will be having a big birthday so I wanted to get a head start on her to make sure she will be finished hopefully way before she needed. I will keep you informed of her progress but I am hoping that by the end of April she will be half way as she is not too far short of the first quarter being complete. 

In between times I am still working on granny squares for baby blanket as the baby boom continues with colleagues at the hospital.  I suppose it's the natural way of things when you work with so many young ladies but there certainly has been quite a few due in the first half of this year and it is always lovely to receive a little thank you card or photograph when the stork has come a calling. 

The rest of my time has been spent with my furry boys, joining me for cuddles in the morning whilst I have a cup of tea in bed and read my book, going out for walks and playing out in the sunshine (when there's been sunshine that is), this is Mr B having a rest after a busy nights sleeping it's a hard life being a dog don't you know.

For those of you who are on your Easter break enjoy and for the rest don't work too hard. 

Mx


9 comments:

  1. What a busy month you've had, though lots of enjoyable things. I'm really hooked on my cross stitch at the moment, my crochet has gone begging this month as my new hobby has taken over. I had to laugh at D pinching the mini eggs, it's Eleanor I have to watch out for as Mick doesn't really have a sweet tooth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't really done much cross stitch for a while up until last year and now I've really got the bug again but I am trying to be good and work on things I already had rather than buying new although I have my eye on several nice charts/kits for future projects and the Quiltmaker has been my only indulgence of late but she is for a gift so I'm not counting her.

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    Thanks for visiting my blog, you sound just as busy as I am and I love the sound of all your crafting and cooking. I too have gone back to reading much more and have just finished reading all Margaret Foster's books which I love. I'm looking forward to the gardening starting soon too,
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not got around to much in the garden as yet its still pretty wet but lots of things coming into bud and lots of birds coming back to the feeders. It's nice to hear their bird song when I get up in the morning.

      Delete
  3. You've certainly been busy last month. I'm looking forward to seeing your trilogy of cross stitch framed as they are so beautiful. Lots of reading done too. Enjoy your warmer weather and take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Earth Goddess has gone on hold at the moment whilst I work on the Quiltmaker as she is a gift for later in the year and although I made a good start over Easter it's back to work now so time is a lot more restricted and I am too tired of an evening so she will be my main priority over weekends for a while but then it will be back to the Earth Goddess and hopefully she will be finished by Christmas.

      Delete
  4. Another busy month of doing and making. Sorry to hear you weren't feeling 100% I hope the start of Spring is helping you feel much better.
    Have a great weekend.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't suffer with ill health generally which tends to mean when I get anything even a head cold it wipes me out for a few days but thankfully all better now thank you Lisa.

      Delete
  5. What a busy month. Nice to be treated to lunch twice! I am sure all the young mums at your work love receiving a blanket from you,msuch a beautiful gift x

    ReplyDelete