Pages

Sunday, 27 March 2016

Happy Easter


I'm afraid they have let me loose in the kitchen again this weekend.
I love making these cakes you can literally transform them into a cake for any occasion.


At the beginning of the year I started work on the third in the trilogy of ladies.
This is The Earth Goddess.




I promised I would write a blog on her progress 


and here we are.
She is every bit as beautiful as the other two and I am looking forward to seeing all three completed. 


.

As you can see by the 19th March I had reached the half way point.




Having reached the half way point on The Earth Goddess I decided I could now start working on my next project which is to be a gift later in the year.

She is called The Quiltmaker by Lavender and Lace and is just the right present for the recipient.



She is proving to be lovely to stitch and even at the end of day one I could see the picture coming together. 



Today marks the end of the first week and as you can see there has been a lot of progress, mainly due to having a few days annual leave.

Hope you all enjoying the Easter break 

Mx






6 comments:

  1. Wow! You've got so much done on your new cross stitch already, they're both looking lovely. The cake looks delicious, especially with those yummy eggs on top. Wishing you and yours a happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Easter cake looks splendid and I bet it tastes fab too!
    Your new cross stitch project is lovely, I'm sure she'll be loved be the recipient.
    I like the garlands of flowers on your latest goddess project.
    Happy Easter.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My gosh you do beautiful work! I think I'd go blind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter Mitzi and to your family. I can't believe your cross stitches. They are amazing.
    I've seen the quilter one before and thought I still had the picture from an old magazine (quilting)from the 80's. Is there any information on the packaging as I'm sure it was for an advert, not as a cross stitch. Interesting!!! Enjoy the rest of your break and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A belated Happy Easter. Your cake looks as lovely as they always do xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cross stitch work is absolutely beautiful Mitzi, so precise! And that cake, wow, looks absolutely delicious! X

    ReplyDelete