Pages

Thursday, 3 March 2016

Goodbye February Hello March


At last Spring is here, well meteorlogically speaking at least, even though it has been freezing this last few days at last the mornings are lighter even if it is still dark by the time I arrive home. 

I am all at sixes and sevens at the moment. Life work balance is proving to be a bit of a challenge and sometimes I have to put things aside and the moment it appears to be my blog.

February saw a month of birthdays with middle son turning 25 and daughter 22 and our little Monty turned 8. It was also a month where I completed two more snuggle blankets for colleagues at work who are about to go on maternity leave to have babies in April/May.More stitches have gone into The Earth Goddess cross stitch.  She is coming a long well but I have to be very strict with myself and at least get a couple of hours stitching in on a Sunday afternoon. I intend to do a post with photographs of her journey so far when there is a bit more to show.  I have continued reading the second novel of Terry Pratchett's Discworld and I have this morning downloaded number 3 in readiness for when I have completed my current book. My favourite read of February was Amy Snow by Tracy Rees and I am in the midst of writing a blog post about all the books I read over the last month. 

We don't go big on Valentines these days so it was a lovely surprise when I came home to a gorgeous bouquet of red roses 16 in all representing one for each year we have been together, so there is an old romantic still lurking somewhere in D after all.  We had a nice meal topped off with white and dark chocolate mousse desert made from a Raymand Blanc recipe which I found on the internet. The diet definitely went south that day.  

I am planning a few days R & R over the Easter break so I am hoping that will give me more of an opportunity for writing blog posts in a more timely fashion.


Hope March is treating you well so far and for all the mothers in the UK have a wonderful Mothers Day this Sunday.

Mx



6 comments:

  1. I hear you with the work life balance, my blog went to the side lines for a few weeks too. It sounds like Feb was kind to you which is good. I like your blankets I'm making a blanket for a friends soon to be born baby. Hope you have a good March xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping March may be a little quieter as I have annual leave over Easter and apart from the painting of a bedroom I don't intend to do much else.

      Delete
  2. Awww, what an old romantic D is, that was so lovely of him getting you a rose for each year you've been together. I hope things balance out a bit better for you soon, it sounds like you're very busy at work at the moment. Looking forward to reading more about the books you've been reading, I'm back on to Amanda Prowse just now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has his moments. I certainly hope for a bit of respite but it doesn't come often. I've recently read Amanda Prowse Imogen's Baby but not got to Another Love yet.

      Delete
  3. Lovely to hear about your month just gone and although the balance is hard for you, it seems that you are still getting plenty done. Hope March is a little easier. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to keep my hands busy in the evenings or I fall a sleep and then I miss programmes I have waited weeks to watch and I don't get a good nights sleep unless I have read my book in order to calm my working brain down.

      Delete