Pages

Saturday, 23 January 2016

Where did the last three weeks go???


January is my birthday month and I was very spoiled... When you have a birthday straight after Christmas you don't really get to have big celebrations.  As daughter was working all over Christmas and New Year we had a belated Christmas and Birthday celebration.  We had a lovely meal at Nosey Parkers and spent the afternoon catching up and opening presents.  My lovely colleagues at work decorated the office and one of them even went to the trouble of making me a lovely lemon birthday cake which was truly yum.  Little Rufus also has a January Birthday and he has just celebrated his fourth birthday, you'd never know as he is still such a puppy.


I had enjoyed some family time over Christmas and once they had all returned home I got to have some well earned R & R which meant I could laze in bed to read my book and enjoy a cuppa whilst having cuddles with this young man.  When I had to go back to work he still thought he could have a lie in which is fine but I did get the feeling it's all right for some.



I continue to make Snuggle Blankets for all my colleagues at work who are in different stages of pregnancy. Just this week I learnt of another expected bundle of joy when my old next door neightbour informed me that one of her sons is making her a granma this July, these kids are growing up just too fast it doesn't seem that long ago that he was a baby himself.





I haven't set myself any challenges this year.  I really enjoyed all of my challenges from last year and if anything it has encouraged me to carry on with those I have set previously  Like most of us I am trying to get a little fitter and may be even loose a little weight. I know if I try stopping all treats I will cave in at the first hurdle.  I loved my baking challenge last year, getting back into the kitchen and either making or baking things I hadn't made before.  This is Mary Berry's Cappuccino cake and it was delicious. I only had one piece and managed to get a few volunteers to finish it off for me. 




Lastly I thought I would show you this photo of my furry paws it's rare that you get all four sat still at the same time. I saw a poster the other day that says 'Cavaliers are like shoes, you need one in every colour' that's certainly the case in our house.

Have a great week one & all

Mx






17 comments:

  1. Awww, I love that photo of all the boys together, lovely. Happy belated birthday to you and to Rufus too, how lovely that a colleague made you a cake, it looks delicious, as does that cappuccino cake, yum yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jo yes they were both lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely sweet photo of them all together & I love that saying! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep and if D could get his way he would have more, but even I stopped at four children.

      Delete
  4. Lovely to hear from you! Happy Birthday if I haven't already said it to you. Great blankets which will be much loved I am sure! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. Another blanket is in the making this time we know it's a little girl so I can use pinks and lilacs to my hearts content.

      Delete
  5. Belated birthday wishes, Mitzi! I looks as if you had a good celebration with the family and at work. I'm sure you enjoy making the snuggle blankets - so pretty. They will be appreciated by those who receive them and cosy for the babies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. Yes I like to have something to occupy me in the evenings otherwise after a day at the office I would dose off in front of the tv and then get cross with myself for missing a programme I've been waiting to watch.

      Delete
  6. Happy belated birthday Mitzi! I love the snuggle blankets, they're gorgeous. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. I do enjoy doing them and usually they are quite well spaced across the year but that's the downside to working with a lot younger females when they all decide to have babies at the same time.

      Delete
  7. Happy birthday, although a bit late. Loved seeing all the dogs together. I'll enjoy seeing all those baby makes and those 2 little sheep are just 'gorgeous".

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday to you. How lovely of your colleagues to have made a fuss of your special day.
    I'm loving the look of both cakes and I have to say I would have been willing to help you out with a slice or two of that cappucino cake!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday wishes, glad your colleagues made a fuss of you. That photograph of all your dogs is adorable! X

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have no idea where the last three weeks have gone, I seem to have missed them! Love the photo of all your dogs and the poster quote - I could do the same with Setters, only the one I have is a mud magnet and I'm not sure I could cope with any more, especially with the amount of rain we seem to be getting! Have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the picture of the dogs x I wish mine would all sit separately like that, mine are always in a heap on top of one another. Makes it hard to take a picture!

    ReplyDelete