Pages

Sunday, 3 January 2016

Goodbye 2015 Welcome 2016


I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I do wonder what 2016 is going to bring don't you.

I do know that there are to be five yes five babies born over the next five months. The first little man arrived just yesterday at 6.43am. 

To start the year off I thought I would reflect over the past twelve months.




Over the past twelve months I have crocheted six baby blankets four of which have now been put to good use by their recipients. Elmer's Story-time blanket will be given to a lovely young man known as JJ when his new baby brother receives his baby blanket today. The young lady you see adorned in her Frozen blanket was the recipient of the three little aran jackets for Christmas. It was sometime since I had started and managed to complete any cross-stitch projects but this changed in 2015 when I set myself a challenge to at least complete one project. In fact I managed to complete three. I began with The Dark Sorceress which I started this time last year and completed in May 2015. I started The Fairy Queen in June and completed her around November having taken a break from August to September in order to start and complete the Quilters Cross-stitch for a friends birthday. 


My second challenge was to revisit some of my favourite child hood reads. I enjoyed all twelve but The Secret Garden still remains my most favourite.  There are undoubtedly many I have yet to read judging by your previous comments of your favourites such as Pippy Longstocking and Watership Down both I remember well still they may make an appearance during 2016 who knows. 






My third and final challenge was to get back into the kitchen and make or bake something I hadn't made for a long time if at all.  I really enjoyed this challenge and D quite liked having Delia Smith or Mary Berry in the kitchen.



I read some 85 books over the last twelve months these were my twelve personal favourites but there were many more that deserved to be included in that number. My overall favourite was Kristin Hannah's Winter Garden and if you've not read it I would highly recommend it.



So what of 2016?

No challenges set for this year but I have started the third and final cross-stitch in the series The Earth Goddess and already have others in mind so I think I can definitely say that I have my cross-stitching mojo back.



and the the first of the five baby blankets is completed with a second already on the hook for the 2016 arrivals and no doubt there will be more.



Today I have taken down the tree and all the decorations. Always a sense of sadness for me when Christmas comes to an end. These little fellows have been safely put away in hibernation until December 2016 and I know we say it every year but it will be here again before we know it.


Mx










7 comments:

  1. How wonderful that there are going to be so many children of a similar age in your family.. they will always be able to play together at parties! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on completing all your challenges. 85 books, wow, that's some going. My favourite read of this year was I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh. Have you read it? I can thoroughly recommend it. I got a new cross stitch kit for Christmas so I shall be starting that soon, though I've got quite a few projects on the go at the moment which I'd like to get finished first. Our Christmas is all packed away again now too. Mick's back to work tomorrow and Eleanor's back to school, it's all over for another year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you and your family too.
    You did so well with all of your challenges. I drooled at every cake you packed, that chocolate one was exceptional.
    I think the Earth cross stitch is the loveliest from the series, the garlands of flowers are so pretty.
    You'll be busy on the blanket front agin this year by the sounds of it!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Mitzi. My you have been busy with reading, cross stitch and crochet. Well done. Now I know why you've been so distant and will be again this year with all those baby rugs to make. Hope 2016 is great. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you had a busy year and have another busy one to come with all of those babies! It will be lovely though I am sure. Happy New Year! Hope that it is a good one for you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Babies are wonderful .. and to have FIVE so close together in one year! So excited for you. Congrats :-D

    ~Val

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a busy year and so many books. So many babies, how wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete