Pages

Monday, 26 October 2015

All Change

I've made a couple of changes to my blog today.

As you can see the background is different
&
The header picture now depicts what it is that I do in my spare time.

Spare time what's that I hear you ask.

It has definitely been a bit of a hectic time at work of late as well as on the crafting front.




I have finished making 100 squares for my latest Elmer blanket, I just have to find the time to join them all together now.  Just as well this one doesn't have to be ready until after Christmas.

I have also been working on my lovely Fairy Queen and I am now 3/4 of the way through and she is looking pretty stunning even if I do say so my self. 



I got to the point yesterday where I had to add more beads which anyone who cross stitches will tell you is a bit of a tricky little beggar to do.  The eye of the needle is so incredibly small to begin with and then trying to pick up the beads with my stubby fingers can be just as challenging.

Still as you can see I managed it.



This weekend D and number 3 have been away for the weekend so it has been just me and the four furry paws. I think D was  a little worried whether they would behave themselves.  


They definitely can be like naughty children.  
But looking at these three angelic little faces you wouldn't believe it would you.


I was recently sent this photo for Autism awareness day so as we are approaching Halloween I thought I would share it with you.


Hope you're enjoying half term if you are off.

Mx

17 comments:

  1. Absolutely in love with your beaded fairy. It's beautiful. Love the new look blog xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I decided it was time for a change and now the header matches my Lazy Days & Sunday's header on my facebook page.

      Delete
  2. The fairy is absolutely stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's getting there just the other side to do and yet more beads to finish along with a bit of back stitching.

      Delete
  3. Your new look has a very cost feel about it.
    Your cross stitch is so neat and she is looking great.
    The doggies look all innocent don't they!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. I like it and it matches the header on my Lazy Days and Sundays facebook page so it keeps it all bit neater.

      Delete
    2. Bit trigger happy forgot to say about the cross stitch - yep she is coming along not much more to do now. And those boys may look innocent but just like naughty toddlers they are not.

      Delete
  4. You've certainly been busy and your cross stitch is looking gorgeous. Angelic dogs, but where's No. 4? The header looks more wintery than your lovely Spring garden and probably suits the coming season. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No 4 was a sleep surprisingly especially as there must have been a treat in the offing to get them to all sit so still.

      Delete
  5. Awww, such a lovely photo of your doggies but where's Monty? You have been busy, your stitching is absolutely beautiful, not sure I'd have the patience with those beads though. It's definitely worth your perseverance though, it's stunning. Is this your last one now? Isn't it amazing what can be done with pumpkins? I haven't decorated any for the last couple of years now that we have no little children here anymore, sob sob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Monty was a sleep. He's getting a little deaf as he gets older although he normal hears a bag of treats being opened at 90 paces. The cross stitch is the 2nd out the 3 so still have the Earth Goddess to go once this one is finished. Trouble is now i've got the bug again I keep seeing lots of beautiful charts and I still have quite a few at home in my stash.

      Delete
  6. You have been busy and wow! the Fairy Queen looks stunning. The cute furry ones are looking like butter wouldn't melt :o) Like the new look. Have a great week. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane. Don't be fooled by those innocent looking faces they can be full of mischief given half a chance.

      Delete
  7. Lovely new blog look! It is good to have a refresh sometimes isn't it. I like all the things you are working on too and look forward to seeing more of your blanket. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy I am pleased with the new look and it matches the header on my fb page so it keeps it all neat and tidy. I was going to start and join the granny squares last weekend but time just seemed to disappear. Just as well it doesn't have to be ready until January.

      Delete
  8. Yes, I like the new look too! Funny because earlier today I was thinking maybe I needed to change mine too. Lovely cross stitch - oo, and I do like the colourful pile of squares.
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been contemplating a change for a while and then when I set up the fb page just decided it was time to have a bit of a tidy up on here. I'm sure there are still things I need to tweak but time just ran away from me again this weekend.

      Delete