Pages

Sunday, 20 September 2015

Birthdays, a Thank You and yet more ta Dah




Good Morning lovely ladies on this bright sunny September morning.

Hope you have all had a good week. 


This week we have celebrated another birthday. Adam or number 3 as he is referred to on here had his twelfth birthday so is now officially a pre-teen and don't we know it.
One of his latest obsessions is the Rugby World Cup but in particular the All Blacks, he has taught himself the Hakka and believe me pulls some very scary faces.



My Thank You goes to Jo at  Through the Keyhole I recently entered her 5th anniversary giveaway and was lucky enough to be picked the winner.  Her parcel arrived this week with lots of goodies including an extra treat for the four paws which was a lovely thought.  I love wind chimes and bees so the wind chime was especially loved, he is going to be put away safely until next spring as it gets a little blowy here at this time of year and having forgot to put my wind chimes away last year they were broken beyond repair so I will be taking extra care with this little one.



As you can see my lovely Giraffe bookmark has already been put to good use.
I am reading two books at the moment Val McDermid's interpretation of Northanger Abbey so far I am loving it but never having read Jane Austen's novel I have nothing to compare it to.

I am also reading my return to childhood read on my kindle and my choice for September is Kenneth Grahame's Wind in the Willows. I love this story as a child and I have fond memories of reading it to my own children.


Elsewhere there are more signs of Autumn with misty mornings and lots of these on the trees as well as the conkers hanging ready to start to drop. The conkers need to hurry up as in our house it appears to be spider season, none of likes them yet they seem to think they have free reign to keeping popping by. Two huge beasties came running across the living room floor just last night. 


On the Ta Dah front these three little aran jackets will be off to pastures new. They are going to a friends little granddaughter to keep her warm as the colder weather arrives.



And lastly to those of you who are also on Instagram and have to follow my ramblings on there as well as here, a big thank you as last weekend I hit my first milestone with 50 followers.

If you would like to find me on Instagram you will find me here and on facebook just here

Have a lovely week one & all

Mx















20 comments:

  1. I did say Happy Birthday to Adam on Instagram but I'll say it again on here. Love the aran jumpers, especially the first one.
    I haven't read that book by Val Mc Dermid, I'll have to see if our library has it in x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bridget he had a lovely day. I'm enjoying the Val McDermid book. She has adapted it well for the most part but there are some things that the teenagers say in the book that even at my age I don't think todays teens would use, The little jackets will be off to London this weekend.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to your Adam (I have an Adam, aren't they brilliant). Beautiful jackets and very snuggly. I remember being read Wind in the Willows, fond memories, and I'm also quite partial to a bit of Val McDermid though I haven't read that one xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl. He's a pretty good lad considering he's ASD but definitely a pre teen now.

      Delete
  3. Those little cardigans are just gorgeous. Love the little wooden thing they are on - vair professional!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to Adam, I hope he had a good day. Glad the parcel arrived safely, I'm sure the dogs will enjoy the treats, I had to hide them from Archie, he doesn't like sharing food. The jackets are beautiful, what a lucky little girl. Eeek, spiders. We've had a few here too and the size of them, good grief, they're huge. I have a bit (to say the least) of a spider phobia so I hate this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love autumn but loath spiders we've had two or three very big ones so far in the cottage. D said he got rid of one after I had gone to bed and he said it was wearing hob nail boots it was that big. Yuk

      Delete
  5. Hello! Just over from Jumble and Jelly; I was reading just for fun and had to comment at the idea of a 12 year old who can do the Haka. I love it; wish I could do it as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Angel Jem. I think I have you on my IG followers list too now. A is very much enjoying the All Blacks. It is more to do with the Haka than the actually game though.

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday Adam I'm extremely impressed that you can do the Haka! Well done on the give away Mitzi you received some lovely things from Jo & those jackets look really really good x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Book mark has had rather a lot of nice comments when I am on the shuttle bus.

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday Adam! I hope that he can do the Hakka to make sure that we win! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big game again tomorrow England v Wales. I have ancestry from both so it's hard to know exactly who to support.

      Delete
  8. Belated Happy Birthday wishes to your son, what a fantastic cake.
    I hope he's enjoying the rugby.
    I love the the little jackets you've made. I don't know how you manage to make all these things, you are so industrious!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It keeps me from falling a sleep in front of the TV if my hands are busy knitting, crocheting or sewing.

      Delete
  9. What an amazing cake! Happy Birthday to your son, 12 is such an exciting age, you really feel you are starting to 'get somewhere' at 12! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not made by me sadly my talents do not run than far. A very talented lady in the village makes them. Last years was Minecraft if you remember. I wouldn't know where to start.

      Delete
  10. Happy Birthday to Adam, what a great cake! I like the idea of Jane Austen rewritten by the queen of crime, I've read the Austen novel so will give it a go I think. Alexander McCall Smith rewrote Austen's Emma too but I haven't read it. Have a good weekend Mitzi. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane. It's been very good but I'm not sure in adapting some of the language used by the teenagers of today that they would say the things written in the modern version but then it would be hard to convert from the original what ever way it was written I think. Overall it's been very good and I have less than100 pages to go.

      Delete