Pages

Sunday, 2 August 2015

Summer holidays - week one



What have you got up to in the first week of the school holidays? For me it has been meetings, meetings and let me think. Oh yes  More meetings. 

Number 3 and D on the other hand have had a busier week with Number 3 meeting up with friends, an uninterrupted date with his X-Box and when he could find a free slot in his social diary he and his dad went up to York by train. Number 3 has two obsessions at the moment Churches/Cathedrals, he likes the architecture and the stained glass windows, and trains.  

With York approximately an hour away by train instead of three by car it seemed to make sense for them to let the train take the strain, to cut down on travelling time and the strain on D's back and it meant number 3 got to travel on his beloved trains.

Whenever we go to York number 3 asks about going up the tower at the Minster.  In the past we've not always had the time or there hasn't been any free slots.  On Friday they must have timed it just right as there were three slots left and so at long last number 3 got his wish.  D sent me the pics whilst I was at work with a message that said I've made it to the top but by the time we get down again you could be a rich widow. After a spot of lunch and a chance to recuperate they took themselves off to the Railway museum before getting the train home.  It was the first time they had gone to the museum but D said it was fantastic and definitely somewhere we will have to go again when we get the opportunity to go together.  Quite happy to visit the museum but as I don't do heights I will leave it to them to venture up the tower again even if the views are spectacular.

So that's been our first week, what have you all been up to?   

We're off into Peterborough this morning for a spot of breakfast, a bit of shopping and probably a visit to the Cathedral whilst we are there.

Have a restful Sunday and enjoy the forthcoming week.

Mx

12 comments:

  1. I'm just loving all the free time to do as I please xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. As it's not school hols here or summer and I've no kids at home, of course we are doing much the same as we usually do.(giggle).
    I went to York Minster in 1991 and the train museum, but even though we visit York most times when we come over, I've not been to either of those since. Have you been on the North Yorks Moors railway from Pickering? Great ride. Hope the rest of the holidays are good too. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No we haven't been on the North Yorks Railway might have to look into that sounds like we would all like it.

      Delete
  3. Love York, but like you, don't really do heights, so have never been up the tower. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure the views are stunning but if I got up there they may have trouble getting me back down so better that I keep my feet on firm ground.

      Delete
  4. So pleased for your that he got to do something he has wanted to do for a while and a train trip, what a great day for him.
    Hope all the holidays continue to be as much fun.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. We're off to Harrogate on the train this week so he will get to go on a train again.

      Delete
  5. Sounds as though number 3 had a great first week! I hope that you have rather less meetings and more fun this week! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I Amy. I am only in the office three days this week then I am off to the Festival of quilts at the NEC on Thursday and a day out to Harrogate on Friday and I just can't wait.

      Delete
  6. Number 3 seems to have got off to a good start for the holidays, I hope you get to join in the fun more and have fewer meetings this week Mitzi. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Number 3 seems to have got off to a good start for the holidays, I hope you get to join in the fun more and have fewer meetings this week Mitzi. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete