Pages

Tuesday, 21 April 2015

Where have I been you ask

Stuck in my poorly bed that's where.  

It started off with a bit of sniffle and a cough 

I then coughed and sneezed with such force that I pulled a muscle in my back

Since then I have been in bed propped up on pillows as it was the only place I could get comfortable

Yesterday I saw the Gp who has put me on very strong painkillers and signed me off for the rest of the week.


As I walked to the surgery I saw this little cutie having a rest in the church yard enjoying the sunshine.

 So what has been happening around here whilst I've been indisposed.

courtesy of  internet not a poster on my bedroom wall

I caught up with all Poldark on iPlayer


Click for Options


I have made my way through a number of books



Including my return to childhood read


and I have managed to continue with my cross stitch


Two birthdays have taken place. 
Mr Buster is now 4 
and D is......



the same age as his tongue and a bit older than his teeth haha

but as I was still poorly we will have to have a belated birthday celebration at a later date.


and these are my lovely carnations wishing me a speedy recovery aren't they lovely.


Meanwhile just like the Dutchess of Cambridge the falcons are still waiting for their babies to arrive.

That's it from me for now

I'm off to catch up with some blog reading before taking the next lot of pain killers.

Have a lovely week one & all


Mx

18 comments:

  1. Oh - not good. Hope you feel better soon - but being able to watch Poldark - it isn't all bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Up to then we hadn't watched it but I had heard great reviews so when I was confined to bed I decided I might as well see what everyone was talking about and I am glad I did. I will be watching the last one of the series on Sunday.

      Delete
  2. Hope you feel better soon, a sick bed is no place to be when the good weather's arrived. I'm loving Poldark and have you watched Banished? It's finished now but it's been so good. Love the photos of Buster and Rufus giving his dad a birthday kiss, Cavvies are so affectionate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Not watched Banished but that has had great reviews too hasn't it.

      Delete
  3. Oh no - that must have been really painful! Still...Poldark, books, sunshine....get out the deckchair :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pain killers are doing a good job. Trust me to be ill when the sun shining hopefully the pain killers will enable me to sit out if it is sunny tomorrow.

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear that you've been poorly. Hope you feel up to sitting out in the sunshine whilst it lasts and you're soon 100% well again - there's the belated birthday celebration to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did managed to enjoy a bit of the sunshine but it's gone really bitterly cold again here this morning it's back to woolly jumpers and scarves this morning.

      Delete
  5. I hope that you are much better again very soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, poor Mitzi! I do hope the back gets better soon, as it can be quite debilitating. At least you've been able to read/stitch etc, so once on the mend, you'll be out and about in the spring sunshine. Don't overdo it and take care. PS. Love the cat pic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. Very much on the mend now and back at work but moving a little slower than normal.

      Delete
  7. oh dear, hope you are feeling better. Our Spaniel Moss will be 6 next month. Its hard to imagine life without our wonderful rescue dog. We found him when he was 11 months old. He's a good boy and we all love him to bits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each of our boys have come with their own little story. Buster was in very poor condition when we got him with ear mites, ulcerated ears and numerous other things. He has taken the best part of the year that we've had him to settle but he does seem to be getting there at long last. You can't believe people treat animals in such a way. Poor Moss it was a good day when you found him.

      Delete
  8. Oh no, feeling rotten with a cold is one thing and then to go and have back trouble because of it too just isn't fair in the least. I hope you are feeling better very soon. At least you've had some lovely things to keep you occupied, Mr Poldark for one.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr Poldark has been very helpful in aiding my recovery.

      Delete
  9. Oh dear Mitzi,mi am so sorry to hear that you have not been well, sounds like you are coping very well and staying cheerful. Sending you healing wishes X

    ReplyDelete