Pages

Sunday, 29 March 2015

Challenge catch up March 2015





This little guy has been part of our family for quite a while. Can you guess who he reminds me of.





I'm hoping you are all thinking the same as me. Mr Tumnus from The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe. This has been my childhood revisited read for the month of March.  As you will all know it is part of the Chronicles of Nania by CS Lewis of which there are seven books, but this is my absolute favourite from the series.


My Dark Sorceress continues to progress.


I am now on the home straight with just this bottom half of the chart to complete.  I say the home straight there are still around 50 rows of stitching to do but she is is pretty stunning in the flesh.  The light in the cottage isn't particularly good today due to the weather and it being very dark and windy outside and therefore I don't think my photographs do justice today. 




I omitted to put the recipe on my post for the Chocolate Hazelnut Muffins so I am going to put this right today.

So to make these very yummy muffins you will need.

375g Self-raising flour
1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
25g cocoa powder
100g firmly packed brown sugar
125g melted butter
2 eggs lightly beaten
250mls buttermilk 
250ml Nutella

Grease 12 hole muffin pan or use the little muffin cases
Sift all the dry ingredients into a large bowl, stir in the butter, eggs and buttermilk
Spoon one third of the mixture into prepared pan/cases, top with 1 level tablespoon of Nutella. Top with remaining mixture.
Bake in a moderately hot oven for about 20 mins.

The most important part about these muffins is that in order to enjoy them at their best don't let the man in your life or anyone else for that matter especially a little Cavalier King Charles sneak one before they have a chance to cool down.


I cannot believe we are almost at the end of March already.
 Some of you will now be enjoying a well earned break for the Easter holidays if that is you I do hope you have a well earned rest.


Mx


18 comments:

  1. Your cross stitch is beautiful, it won't be long until you've got that finished. Will you have it framed? Would you believe that I've never read any of the Narnia books, I'm not sure how they passed me by but they did. It's hard to imagine that we're nearly in to April already, each year seems to whizz by quicker and quicker, still, at least we're in to spring now though you wouldn't know it by the weather we're having.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Cross stitch is one of three and I cannot decide whether to have them individually framed or as a triptych. Will probably wait until they are all done before I make up my mind. At some stage I think I have read all the Narnia's as they were big ones favourite stories when they were younger as well as mine and I think that's where I get the love of myth and magic from. I don't know about you but we definitely haven't had much spring like weather this weekend I am hoping it will improve before the Easter weekend.

      Delete
  2. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is such a wonderful book and your needlework is gorgeous, MItzi.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my favourite out of all the Narnia books and I love anything a bit magical and Mr Tumnus was always my favourite character.

      Delete
  3. The muffins look fantastic, I can feel them calling me to make them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Chefs would definitely enjoy making these.

      Delete
  4. I love the Narnia books too, and a The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe is my favourite of the series. Your little Mr Tumnus is very cute! Beautiful crosstitch, fab colours X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is just something so magical about these books and I love them. Yes the cross stitch is coming along leaps and bounds as long as I haven't got my nose buried in a book which did happen again this weekend.

      Delete
  5. Your cross stitch is looking absolutely amazing. Well done so far. I've never read any of the Narnia books, although my daughter has. Maybe I'm of an age where they weren't in or around. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep the Dark Sorceress is coming along nicely now as long as I keep to my cross stitch Sundays but I must admit not as much got done yesterday as I was trying to finish my latest book with only 70ish pages to go and yes I turned the last page at 11pm last night.

      Delete
  6. Yes, definitely thinking of Mr Tumnuss - can't spell! Your cross stitch looks wonderful!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is coming a long pretty well now just another two to complete the set.

      Delete
  7. Just might have to give those muffins a try ! Have a good week Mitzi, Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly think your daughters who bake will love them and they are certainly a little different. Have in the past left out the cocoa powder and put lemon curd in instead of Nutella and they are also very yummy, in fact my daughter prefers the lemon curd ones.

      Delete
  8. I love the narnia series, they were very much a part of my childhood too. Well now that you've gone and posted the recipe for the muffins what is a girl to do?! I'm simply going to have to bake some :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't be disappointed they were always a firm favourite in our house when the big kids were still at home and now my daughter occasionally makes them but sometimes she omits the cocoa powder and puts lemon curd in the middle instead which I have done too and they are very nice. I don't think you can ever be too old for Mr Tumnus and the Narnia stories. They are a bit like a big kids fairy tale.

      Delete
  9. Your embroidery looks lovely! And the muffins look tasty, I have some baking to catch up on, one of my kids gave up cakes for lent, so it seemed a bit mean to make them. So I haven't made one since February!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are rather nice muffins. Yes the cross stitch is coming along nicely hope to get some more done this weekend.

      Delete