Pages

Tuesday, 10 February 2015

Power Surges & other ramblings.




From time to time D will send me little emails with attachments. Today's email contained this image. 
For those of us of a certain age will know only too well what it is like to be freezing cold one minute and suddenly get a surge of heat that comes up from your toes and ends at the top of your head. You end up standing with the back door open in order to cool down in the middle of Winter. D will tell me the bedroom is freezing when to me it feels a nice ambient temperature and I still end up kicking of the quilt during the night. .  This I have to say has been happening  a lot of late.  Now why I couldn't have followed in my mother's foot steps and be done with all this by now seems quite justly unfair.  I can't quite decide which of the seven dwarves I am supposed to be today may be a mixture of all of them.



This weekend was a quiet weekend after doing all the usual of catching up on housework. Sunday we decided to go out for breakfast. Fortunately we timed it just right. Just after we had found a table and placed our order the local MG club poured into the car park for their local meet.  They were meeting at the garden centre for breakfast and were then heading off to a micro  brewery.  D and number 3 managed to have a walk around all the cars before we left whilst their owners were still tucking into their full English. 




I spent the rest of Sunday doing more of my Cross Stitch.  I managed to track down the bead for her wand only to find I couldn't find my bead needle and had to search through the rest of my needles to find one with a small enough eye. As you can see I succeeded.  I was very pleased with the progress I was making only to realise about an hour later that I would have to unpick a section as I had used the wrong number floss.  D said you would have to be a blind man in order to notice but you know what it's like. Once you know something you can't un-know it can you. So I spent the next hour unpicking and resewing in the right colour.  Still The Dark Sorceress is making good progress but continues to be a WIP.





Did you all tune into the new series of the Great British Sewing Bee.  As lovely as the person was who went home (no names just in case there are some of you still waiting to watch on catch up) I think they made the right choice.  Nice to see there are a few more males this series too. 






Then this week we also have the start of the Celebrity Great British Bake Off for the next four weeks don't we.  I haven't mentioned that to D yet, he can only cope with so many of my must watch programmes and he's doing quite well with The Voice this year.




This week we also have another birthday boy when our Monty will turn 7.  He still thinks he's a pup and for the most part can keep up with the younger ones.  He is definitely getting into pipe and slippers mode. These days he sleeps most of the day away and is definitely going a little deaf, unless of course you rattle a dentistix packet and he can still manage to hear one of those and be first in the queue.

Hope you're all having a good week

Mx


18 comments:

  1. Awww, that's such a beautiful photo of Monty and Rufus. I watched the Sewing Bee and I'm looking forward to Celebrity Bake Off. Mick actually enjoys both these programmes so I can watch guilt free. Your cross stitch is coming along well but I know what you mean about having to unpick it, I wouldn't have settled if I'd known I'd used a wrong colour either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D says that's why he calls me little miss perfect. I am not perfect by any means but once I had realised you can't unknow it can you and I would of noticed it in the right light even if nobody else did. Still it's right now so all is calm once more. Monty still likes to come up for a cuddle that's if he can get a look in with the others being that bit quicker, so sometimes I go and get him and sit him up with me to make sure he gets a turn.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Monty! Yes, I caught the SB and agreed with all you said, looking forward to the GBBO too! Yay! As far as the power surges et al, yes, I am frequently all 7 of those at the same time and can also manage to be boiling hot in the top half of me and freezing in the bottom half - at the same time! Grrr!!!! The bottom half is never hot, but the top half is sometimes cold too! Why??????? I hope that you aren't feeling too too bad and know that there are others out there too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy nice to know I'm not on my own. I've spent all day putting my jacket on then taking it off because I'm to hot then ten minutes later I'm cold again. Totally agree WHY???? I think poor D is not saying anything about the TV choices at the moment in fear of getting his head ripped off. So I suppose it can have it's uses.

      Delete
  3. I missed the Sewing Bee I was disappointed especially as Mike reminded me the day after! Your little doggies look very sweet in the bottom photo! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear. Well just to remind you it's on again tomorrow (Thursday at 8pm on BBC2).

      Delete
  4. Mitzi I feel your pain! Or should I say your heat/cold etc. Not too bad for me just now, but sometimes it is almost overwhelming trying to deal with it. You are not alone! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just unbearable at times. I've had to leave shops before now as I get so hot I feel like I'll keel over. Hopefully it will all be over soon.

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday to Monty xx menopause, why I'm far too young!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'd like to say it will be something for you to look forward to but it won't.

      Delete
  6. I did giggle of the picture of the dwarves! Although hot flushes are nothing to laugh about.
    Happy Birthday to Monty.
    Your cross stitch is progressing well, it must have been annoying to have to unpick all those stitches, but you are right it would have bothered you otherwise.
    I did see the Sewing Bee, it's such a good programme. I didn't realise the BO programmes were starting this week, thanks for that.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes from time to time he sends me these lovelies to brighten my day. The Dark Sorceress is all sorted now and I will be doing some more at the weekend. Yes BO is back tonight for the next four weeks.

      Delete
  7. Your embroidery is looking good, I hate having to undo work! I have not started the sewing bee, I think I will watch it during the day while doing something exciting like ironing or wait for it...folding clothes. Yippee.. Happy birthday to Monty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saturdays are my HW day as I work long hours during the week and if it's not washed dried and ready for ironing by Saturday afternoon you don't get it ironed unless they do it themselves. I try and keep Sundays as my R & R day otherwise I begin to feel like a hamster constantly running on the wheel and getting no where.

      Delete
  8. Just to let you know that I have nominated you for an award, the details are on my blog. Please don't feel under any pressure to accept, I just wanted to let you know that I enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you Jo. I don't always have the time but will try.

      Delete
  9. I missed the first episode of the 'Sewing Bee' but can't wait for the next one tomorrow night. The nice thing is that my husband likes to watch it too....! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit D did pull a face when he saw what I had put on. He can cope with the competing GBO but he doesn't like the celebrity ones. I wonder if he's remembered its the sewing Bee tonight:-)

      Delete