Pages

Tuesday, 11 November 2014

Remembrance



I am very thankful that my son returned home from Afghanistan earlier this year.
 Today makes me think about the 453 service personnel who have lost their lives during this conflict.

It also reminds us of all those who have gone before and given their lives in order for us to live the lives we do. 

As you all know this year I made and sold crochet poppies with the hope of raising £100.
Through the generosity of the work colleagues and the general public I have managed to far exceed this expectation by raising the grand sum of

£280

This year the money will be going to the Royal British Legion's 


Who carryout fantastic work in helping injured service personnel from all three services.


Mx



20 comments:

  1. A beautiful Remembrance Day tribute. Very well done with your poppies, what a great amount you raised, and it will be put to very good use, a worthy charity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo it certainly will. I am going to hold off sending off the money until the end of the month as I have sold another poppy this morning to another colleague so who know's I might get to sell a few more before the end of the month, but will need to make some more tonight just in case.

      Delete
  2. A lovely tribute Mitzi and well done on the brilliant amount you raised for charity with your crochet poppies. Have a good week xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane. I did get to a point where I was seeing poppies in my sleep but it was worth all the effort.

      Delete
  3. A great amount raised from your poppies, well done you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Mitzi and what a great cause you are donating it to.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so and I know it will be put to good use.

      Delete
  5. Such an excellent achievement for a tremendous cause.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so grateful - as I am sure everyone else is - for your sons service and his safe return home. We will never forget people like him or those who have served in the past. Your achievement is wonderful too and this money will be of more use than you might know. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful sum raised, and clearly a charity very close to your heart X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have certainly been amazed at the response but obviously very pleased.

      Delete
  8. Mitzi, you are such an inspiration - such an amazing amount of money raised.
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate. I think it is true to say there are a lot of inspirational people out in blogland including yourself.

      Mitzi

      Delete
  9. That's wonderful that you were able to use your creativity to raise so much for a worthwhile cause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I was more than a little pleased with such a fantastic result. I just need to bag all the coins up to get to the bank so I can send the cheque off now.

      Delete