Pages

Thursday, 2 October 2014

October already....




Image result for great british bake offWell that's it the Semi-final is over and we have our three finalists.

Bob the Builder
Fancy Nancy
&
King Louis

I can't believe that this time next week it will all be over and we will know who has been crowned the winner of Great British Bake Off 2014.

Who is your favourite to win.

I think my money might have to be on Bob the Builder, although I do like Fancy Nancy's so be it attitude and I do wonder whether King Louis is as much as a perfectionist at home, I think that would drive me a little insane. 


I was reading Penny from  The Homemade Heart's post about joining The year in Books project run by Laura from Circle of Pine Trees.  It's not too late to join for anyone who is interested.  Laura invites you to list the books that you are going to read across the month and then to make a recommendation or not as the case may be.  
Having popped over to have a look I've decided to join in with my 

Tea and Biscuits and A Good Book blog. I have made my selection for October and I am already making good headway with my first choice of  


but with the amount of books I seem to be getting through at the moment that selection might have a couple of additions by the end of October.

Meanwhile 


I cannot believe we will be at episode three of Downton Abbey this weekend

(a weekend what is a weekend)  wasn't that just one of the best lines from the very first series.

I'm not going to give anything away as I know there will be our friends across the pond eagerly awaiting the screening of Series five in the New Year.

Needless to say Lady Mary still has a lot of suitors and as per usual she can't decide who should be the lucky chap. Oh to have such a choice to make.....

And of course Lady Edith looks like she is going to get herself into yet another sticky wicket 

Mrs Crawley has an admirer much to the amusement of the Dowager Duchess

and of course below stairs Barrow continues to be the thorn in everyone's side.

What would Autumn be without Downton Abbey.


Now I know we don't like to mention the 'C' word 
or 
the man with the big white beard 

to soon but as I know a lot of you will be looking for some new things to make as additions to your tree or decs in general  I thought I would share this with you.


I was looking at some of the free patterns over at Garn Studios and I came across these lovelies listed under 'Interiors'

 
and that's only a few of the lovely things they have on offer for free.

Most of you clever things will already know all about Garn Studios but you know me I am always the last one to find these things out and just in case there are any other behind the door people like me out there hope you find this useful.

Ok I am off to the day job 

Enjoy


Mx




15 comments:

  1. I usually record The Great British Bake Off and watch it later but for once, I watched it on the night it was on this time, I'm glad I did now. I'm hoping that one of the men win, I think it could be Richard, though he very nearly went out one week. I was rooting for Martha if truth be told. Do you watch An Extra Slice with Jo Brand? I laugh so much at the photos sent in of viewer's disasters. I love Downton, I can see things going wrong for Edith, how times have changed since then. I love Barrow, I don't think things below stairs would be quite the same without him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was rooting for Martha she was so funny wasn't she each time she would say don't know what one of those is or what it's supposed to look like and then she would turn out something amazing. I think she did so well considering she was still doing her exams during filming, not sure I would of let my daughter do that... still I think anyone of them could win it now even though Richard has won the most star bakers ever, you've only got to put one foot wrong and that would be that. I can't wait to see who gets it. I have watched some of the Jo Brand Extra Slice I do like her she's so funny and some of the photo's sent in makes my baking look as good as Mary B's. I love Downton Abbey I'm that sad that the week before it was due to start I watched up to episode 6 of series four and then I watch episodes 7 & 8 on the Saturday as it then started again on the Sunday night so I got the story straight up to that point. D thought I had totally lost it, but he's a man he wouldn't understand. Barrows got no allies left now has he but I doubt that will stop him picking on Bates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't watched it this year, we watched the first episode & never tuned in the rest. No idea why as I always watch 'Our Zoo' afterwards & I never really got into Downton either! My mum has the first couple on dvd so I think I will have to borrow it. I'm off to look at that Garn Studios now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the opposite I had never watched it until a friend of mine was very ill and she used to like to watch it. Since she passed away two years ago (thats gone so quick) I have continued watching it. I have watched all the Downton's since the beginning and it's the highlight of my autumn for now at least. Garn Studio have some lovely patterns for Crochet and knitting and I have my eye on a couple of their blankets to have a go at next year.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Autumn wouldn't be Autumn without Downton would it.... and by the trailers that have been coming on there looks like there is going to be some other really good Autumn programms to watch.

      Delete
  5. Hi Mitzi, so glad you have decided to join in with the Year In Books. It is good fun and easy to join. I look forward to seeing your recommendations and choices! Thanks for the mention xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're welcome, Laura has some lovely things on her posts as well as her Year in Books project. I'm looking forward to making my selections each month of the books I am going to read and it's nice to see what others are reading and if they have read the same book as you then did they come away with the same opinion of the book as you. So yes looking forward to Laura opening up the October selection. I'm all ready and waiting to put up my link.

      Delete
  6. Hello Mitzi
    Loving both Downton and GBBO - both proper good Autumn telly !
    Thank you for pointing me in the direction of Garn Studio, hadn't been there before ... soooo much to look at !
    Have a lovely weekend Mitzi
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just I spend all summer looking forward to GBBO and Downton Abbey. I love garn studio for the Drops patterns there are one or two blankets I've got my eye on for next year.

      Delete
  7. I can't imagine which of the three will win Bake Off, they are all so good, but I really do love Richard, he seems such an unlikely baker, it would be great if he were to win! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are aren't they and as PH tells them it's still anyone's race if any one of them has a bad morning that could completely scupper their chances couldn't it. It's going to be a good final I think.

      Delete
  8. I have watched a couple of series of Downton then missed one and never caught up. But I liked the ones I watched. Thanks for the link going to pop over and have a look. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a Marmite program you either love it or hate it. I'm in the I love it category..... I'm sure you will find lots of lovely things on this website and you can purchase the wool from The Wool Warehouse.

      Delete
  9. I love the reindeer, what a cute face!
    I've got three weeks worth of Downton to watch, not sure I'll catch up!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete