Pages

Friday, 19 September 2014

Harvest Time




I make no secret that this time of year if my absolute favourite.

All across the Fens in the past few weeks the Combine Harvesters have been out in force.





Bales of hay dotted across the landscape as I drive through the county.

But of course the one thing that springs to mind when you see the Combines out 

Courtesy of the internet not my personal collection.



You guessed it 


Again Pic courtesy of the internet not a poster on my bedroom wall



I have had this song whizzing around my head for weeks now and I thought it was time that I shared this experience with you.

So now you too will have that song stuck in your head 

Cuz I got a brand new combine harvester
An I'll give you the key
Come on now let's get together
In perfect harmony
I got twenty acres
An' you got forty-three
Now I got a brand new combine harvester
An' I'll give you the key

Just thought I would share that one with you and if you're really sad here is the link to the Lyrics in full so you can get all the words right.


Mx







16 comments:

  1. Not only do I have the tune humming in my head now, I also have the image of a burly farmer complete with straw hat & for some reason a pipe there too. Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha... I think I am going to get a few comments thanking me for sharing this experience. Then again my mum always said we had to share.

      Delete
  2. Combine harvesters always take me back to my childhood. Our house backed on to farmland (sadly, a motorway now cuts through that same farmland), and as kids, we used to unravel the bales and make dens in the field out of them. We were always getting told off by the farmer and he'd often come and have a go at our parents too. I'm going to have an earworm now with that blasted song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing with us!! Humming away happily xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mitzi, just catching up now that I am back, I have been reading, just not commenting! Happy Birthday to number 3 (hope I got that right!). It so funny that you mentioned this Wurzels song as we were talking about this last night trying to remember the words beyond I've got a brand new combine harvester, I'll give you the key. It is the time of year for that isn't it! I hope that you enjoy autumn. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well now you have all the words. Downside being you'll not be able to stop singing it even if it is just in your head,

      Delete
  5. Not sure I know that song, but I do love the buzz of countryside whatever the season. I'm so enjoying England and seeing so many different places this time. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're having such a good trip. Ooh if you'd heard of this song before you would certainly remember it.

      Delete
  6. Yup, there it is - stuck in my head !
    Have a great day Mitzi,
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha is it still there? Hope Immi got off to Uni ok.

      Delete
  7. I reckon that picture is from your wall really!
    That's one song which you'll never forget no matter how hard you try!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got me... Nop once it's in your brain it's very hard to get rid of.

      Delete
  8. Hi Mitzi! You know its just one of those songs. Sometimes for no reason you'll start humming it, and now I am. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha sorry but I do like to share these things.

      Delete