Pages

Wednesday, 17 September 2014

A small person's birthday



I say a small person's birthday but actually he's not so small anymore.

Number 3 had his 11th birthday yesterday and as you can see from his cake (not made by me I might add) he is a little in to Minecraft at the moment.

I can't believe he is 11 already the years just seem to of whizzed by.

He had an Xbox 360 and the Minecraft game for his birthday and a couple of additional games and bits and bobs from his siblings.

As the older three all live away from home now it was nice that he got a phone call from each of them last night wishing him a happy birthday.

I was reliably informed by D that he was met by a lot of his new classmates when he got to school yesterday morning all singing happy birthday.  Some gave him individual cards but the whole class had signed a card for him too so if he didn't feel part of his new class and school before I certainly think he does now. With living in a rural county and with his classmates coming from all over the county to attend his school it is always difficult to arrange birthday parties and in the past his school has always arranged a trip on our behalf so that everyone could go and this has always worked well. We weren't sure whether the new school would be able to carry this on but we found out on Monday that his teacher has also arranged a class trip for his birthday next week to go bowling which he will enjoy.  We rounded the day off by going out for a nice family meal just the three of us.
He of course had his usual favourite of fish fingers, chips and beans and shared deserts with D and I as he didn't think he could manage one all to himself.

I think the next few years are going to prove very interesting as we watch our little ASD man go through adolescence and into adulthood. Even though we have been through the teenage angst three times before I think number 3 will put a whole new spin on things.


Mx


Just a little PS from me to say I hope for any of you that were delivering your young people to Uni last week or this week hope all went or goes well.

Will be thinking of you all, try not to cry until you are at least 15 minutes down the road just in case you get a call on your mobile to say they have left something vital in the car and you have to go back. Not a good look blurry read eyes and panda eyes from mascara.

Take care one & all.

14 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Number 3. The cake's fab, I've heard of Minecraft but don't know the first thing about it, it makes me realise that I don't have little ones any longer. It sounds as though he's made some good friends at his new school already, and how lovely that his teacher has arranged an outing, that's something for him to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he enjoyed his birthday and he has some birthday money burning a hole in his pocket so no doubt he will want a trip to the big toy shop soon. He seems to have settled really well and hope it will continue. I don't think his teacher has told him about the trip yet as we got an email from her last night when we got home to say she has organised it. It is a bit of a shock when you realise you don't have little ones anymore and I do miss that age they were so funny and such little characters then. Now they are all so serious.

      Mitzi

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday to Number 3. What a great idea for the school to organise a trip, that really is lovely. My youngest is still 'little' enough but time is plodding on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately it seems to go all too quickly. I can't believe my eldest will be 27 next birthday when did they all grow up must have been when I wasn't looking. I do miss them being little they were so funny where everything is soooo serious now.

      Mitzi

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday, No 3 and hope he is enjoying his new school. The cake icing reminds me of a patchwork quilt. You all think your children are growing up, but mine are 36, 37 and 41, with our eldest grandchild to turn 18 in November. Oh dear, I suppose time just keeps marching on. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh well you are a little a head of me on that one then. Yes the icing does look like a patchwork quilt doesn't it. I'm yet to have a piece as he took it into school to share with his class mates.

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday number 3, once they are at school the time flies, my baby starts school tomorrow :( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope today went ok and wasn't too painful (for you that is). I'm sure your little one loved it.

      Delete
  5. It sounds the perfect Birthday Mitzi - brilliant cake which will have gone down well I'm sure ! How friendly his school sounds.
    Thank you for the Uni wishes - not looking forward to it very much but I know Immi's going to love it.
    Have a good rest of week Mitzi,
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter has been working over the summer so has stayed in her accommodation ready to start the new year so no tearful partings this end plus she's not too far away from us. Number 3 so far loving his new school so I hope it stays that way.

      I hope Immi gets off to Uni ok. I had a very tearful colleague at work this week who's eldest child will be heading off to Uni this weekend and I did feel for her as the first one flies the nest.

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday to Number 3, what a lovely idea that his teacher has organized a trip, another treat to look forward to. The cake looks great, I hadn't heard of Minecraft until last week (was on the news) - I'm completely out of these things now. Happy Friday and enjoy the weekend Mitzi.
    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. When he spoke to his brother on the phone he was talking about Minecraft and another game he plays and it was reassuring to know that number 1 hadn't heard of the others only Minecraft, so even at 26 you can be behind the times:-)

      Mitzi

      Delete
  7. Belated happy birthday wishes to your son. I love the cake, hope it was tasty.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know he took it to school to share and I've just realised D and I never did get to have some.

      Delete