Pages

Sunday, 13 July 2014

Blog Hopping


Good Morning all from a not so sunny morning here in the Fens.

The lovely Jo over at Through the Keyhole has nominated me to take part in the blog hopping that is gone on in blogland at the moment.  

So here goes with the answers to the three questions.



What am I working on

At the beginning of the year I set myself five challenges and they consisted of 


  1. Watching an old film once a month 
  2. Re-reading some of the books that we had to read at school
  3. To take part in the BIG KNIT this year by making 50 mini hats to send into their campaign
  4. To make 40 Crochet Poppies to sell for charity come October/November
  5. To read 13 out of the 26 books that have been patiently sitting on my bookshelf
To date I have watched 5 films for challenge one and I will be watching number 6 today. So far they have been

  • The Story of Esther Costello
  • The Three Faces of Eve
  • The Imitation of Life
  • Harvey
  • A Stolen Life
  • The Diary of Anne Frank
The books I have re-read from school  for challenge two have so far been

  • To Kill A Mocking Bird
  • Lord of the Flies
  • The Waterbabies
  • Of Mice and Men
  • Animal Farm
  • Cider with Rosie
Challenge three my contribution to the BIG KNIT this year



I have now made up 45 of these lovelies, 10 of which are just waiting for their bobbles which leaves me just 5 more to make to reach my target of 50.




Challenge four my charity poppies.  Last year myself and a colleague raised £85 for Help The Heroes through selling our crochet poppies. 


This year I set myself a target of 40 poppies which will hopefully raised £100 for charity.  I have now crocheted all 40 but the last 16 are waiting for their little tails to be sewn in and their buttons and backs to be added.

That just leaves challenge five.

For a long while whilst my children were growing up I just didn't have the time to read much. They were all very active sportwise after school and weekends.  Now the big three have flown the nest and I have a bit more time for me I suddenly got the urge last year to pick up a book. I soon had a vast collection on my bookshelf and by Christmas last year there were still 26 patiently waiting to be read. So the last of my challenges for 2014 was to read at least 13 of them.  I managed to complete the 13th book in May, so had a very feeling smug moment.  I am continuing to work my way through the remaining 13 still sitting there and will continue adding them to my list of books read for this challenge over on my Tea and Biscuits and A Good Book blog.

What else am I currently working on


My garden which seems to be a never ending WIP 



Last year we added my crafty den.
Most of the shrubs are now established 
so now I am adding more of the accessories 
such as



But the most useful has proven to be


I can quite easily loose track of time when I'm sitting in the garden so to add the clock was probably the best idea I've had in a longtime. 



How does my writing/creative process work

I get a lot of inspiration from fellow bloggers. I am also a new follower to Pinterest and find lots of inspiration there.  I also have an abundant amount of patterns that I will use or alter when it comes to knitting.  I'm still a novice with crochet so I tend to stick to the rules and follow a pattern.  I am still at the crochet block stage. As far as my writing on here it tends to be whatever is going on around me at the time.

How Does My Writing/Work Differ From Others In It's Genre?


Not quite sure how I differ to anyone else here in blogland.  In fact I probably don't.  Sometimes I will get an idea pop into my head to write about, sometimes an event will have happened which I feel I would like to share, but ordinarily it's probably more about the my WIP's and the ordinary everyday things of life that we all go through everyday that I tend to write about.  

Why Do I Write/Create What I Do?


I think I've probably already answered this one.  I think when I first started my blog I did wonder whether anyone would actually be interested in anything I would have to say.  But I have been pleasantly surprised how many people do pop along to visit and the numbers are growing all the time.  I was especially humbled by all those who gave their support and sent good wishes when my son was out on tour in Afghanistan.  He is now thankfully back on English soil and about to take up his new posting.  So whilst people are interested I will continue to come here when time allows and write about things that go on here at The Willows, about my family and about my crafting.



-----------------------------------------------

So now it is my turn to nominate another two bloggers to blog hop. This has been a difficult choice as there are so many really good blogs out there.  I have tried to pick someone who has not yet been nominated so that narrows it down a bit as so many great blogs have already taken part.

So without further a due I have decided to nominate


&




So there we are I do hope the weather decides to improve I think I can see a bit of sunshine peeking out between the clouds.

Have a great Sunday one and all and don't work to hard will you.

Mx

12 comments:

  1. It is great to read more about you and how you work and what you are working on. All of your challenges are going really well, especially the hats and poppies!! Well done you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. As of this afternoon I have now finished the last of the hats, I just need to make all the bobbles now to finish them off. Still I have plenty of time before they need to be sent off.

      Mitzi x

      Delete
  2. You are doing so well with all your challenges. Well done you.
    Your garden looks really pretty, you must get a lot of satisfaction from creating something so lovely. You have talents in many areas!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The garden is a pure fluke let me assure you. I live by the rule of plant it and see if it survives. There is truly is no method. I started off wanting something sensory for my son, but he and his autism are past that now. Now it's more about a haven for the birds, bees and butterflies. I have also realised something about myself too and that is I really can't count. I thought I had five more hats to make to hit my target of 50 and diligently sat knitting the last five yesterday only to count them again and realise I now have 55 or well I'm sure the BIG KNIT won't mind.

      Delete
  3. You have set yourself some fantastic challenges and sounds like you are doing really well with them. The crocheted poppies are lovely and for such a good cause too.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Marianne. I can't make resolutions as I know I just won't keep them. But setting myself these challenges has made me stick to them and I will certainly be setting myself some more challenges in the new year. I already have a couple in mind.

      Delete
  4. Lovely to read more about you Mitzi - I have really enjoyed reading everyones Blog Hops. Keep on blogging !
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been some really good blog hops hasn't there and it's given me some more blogs to follow too. Such a talented bunch aren't we whatever it is we do.

      Mitzi

      Delete
  5. Hi Mitzi, your give aways looked lovely, sorry I missed it! I have had a few busy weeks and haven't had a chance to catch up on blogs. Your garden looks lovely, I Iike your crafty shed and your clock. You are doing so well with your challenges. In the august issue of lets knit you get a kit to knit a poppy tea cosy, and a couple of poppies. Yours look great. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gail nice to see you back and glad you're all ok. I am really enjoying my garden at the moment weather permitting. I may have to look out for that issue,

      Mitzi

      Delete
  6. Thank you for taking up the baton and continuing with the blog hop. It's been really interesting reading your answers to the questions, and you're doing so well with all your challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Parcel is wrapped and ready to go I just need to catch the post office if I can on the way home from work if not it will go on saturday but either way will let you know when it's on it's way.

      Delete