Pages

Monday, 5 May 2014

April Catch up


Firstly a big thank you to everyone in blog land who sent lovely messages and comments last week when my son and the rest of 58 Squadron were due home.

As you can see from this photograph that was put in the local Scottish paper 58 Squadron have returned home safe and sound.  


and were soon able to enjoy a well earned pint. (Number 2 is the second on the left).

Welcome home lads.

As for my challenges I am a little late with my catch up this month



My film of the month was 'Harvey' starring James Stewart it is one of my absolute favorites.

My return to school read was Charles Kinglsey's Fairy Tale The Water Babies

Another five little hats have been completed bringing my total to 35

And another four poppies made bringing the total to 24



Number 10 and 11 off my 'Yet to be read bookshelf'

Hurting Distance  - Sophie Hannah

Secrets of the Lighthouse  - Sante Montefiore

That should just leave two more to go on this challenge and I will have completed it 

but  as I have just completed 

Number 12 Someone to Watch Over Me - Madeleine Reiss this morning that just leaves me one more.

Hurrah!!!!!!

All in all April has been a very eventful month I wonder what else May is going to bring.

Mx






12 comments:

  1. Wonderful to see all the lads back safe and sound, what a relief it must be to you. I hope you've had a chance to speak to him since he landed. Well done on the challenges, they're all going so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not had a chance to catch up with him yet. He has sent text messages. He's had quite a lot on since returning and there was a big night out planned for Saturday so I should imagine there were a few sore heads on Sunday.

      Delete
  2. You must have such a weight off your shoulders Mitzi, I'm so pleased for you.
    Do you have a pattern for the poppies that you make ? We are raising money in our village for a war memorial and I would love to make a poppy wreath for it.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, Definitely relieved he's back will be even happier when I get a chance for a proper catch up with him.
      I think the idea for your memorial is a great idea. The Poppy pattern is a Wendy Poole pattern and she is happy for it to be used if for personal or charitable use which I think this does.

      http://www.wendy-poole.co.uk

      It's under the heading Crochet and then free patterns.

      Can't wait to see what you come up with when it's finished.

      Delete
  3. How lovely to see them back safe, it must have done you god to see that photo in the paper. I hope you have had the chance to at least speak to your son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was through one of his FB contacts that I saw the photo. Number two is very modest and just sees this as his job. Where as I can get quite emotional about the whole thing. Probably just as well I've not spoken to him yet. I don't think he needs a whaling mother to cope with just now. But I am immensely proud.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful first couple of photos!
    Well done on your challenges, you are going so well on all fronts.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. I am really pleased with my challenges. They definitely work better than resolutions for me and all achievable. I'm already thinking of ideas for next year too.

      Delete
  5. How lovely are all those smiling faces in the second photo. Your challenges are going really well. The Water Babies was one of my favourite reads when I was young and funnily enough I saw it in a second-hand bookshop very recently - I may have to go back and pick it up, did you enjoy revisiting it? Have a lovely week.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm certainly glad I re-visited the Water Babies. I'm not sure that the four year old it was originally written for would of understood it. It is worth another read.

      Delete
  6. Hi Mitzi, Wow I have just caught up on your posts! Great pictures of Scotland. I like the blanket and cushion set they look fabulous! That is great that your son is back over here, hope you get to see him soon! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gail. Not sure when I will get to see him, soon I hope. I know he's had a busy week since coming back and I believe there was a night out on Saturday which probably meant a severe hangover on Sunday morning.

      Delete