Pages

Thursday, 3 April 2014

A bit of a grey day



Today I woke up to grey skies and fog apparently due to a Saharan sand cloud that is currently covering many parts of the British Isles.   I felt it was too depressing to take a photograph of this and I decided now that the Rape Seed is back in bloom that I would show a photograph I took around this time last year instead.

Having had a lovely Mothers Day on Sunday, I have been busy at the office as I will be finishing tomorrow for a weeks annual leave and I cannot wait.  We will be off to Scotland on Saturday and I am looking forward to many more photo opportunities of the beautiful scenery which I will share with you on our return. 



We will be taking two of the four paws with us this trip whilst Monty and Buster are off on their own little holiday at a local kennels.   Monty is six now and has never particularly liked traveling and as it's such a long way we decided it wasn't very fare to make him come a long.  Buster on the other hand still needs some work on his manners.  We were told when we took him on last October that he was lead trained and loved to go on long walks.  Well if that was supposed to be the case I think someone forgot to mention it to Buster.  D is not a small built man by any means but on the first occasion on which he took Buster out almost ended up in a hedge as Buster pulled like a train at the excitement of being out.  He has come on a long way in the few months we've had him but on this occasion we felt it would be better if he stayed behind to keep Monty company.  The couple that run the kennels have many years experience and a large paddock for the boys to run about in.  I'm sure they will have a ball but just like it used to feel the night before any of the children when on a school residential trip I am feeling a little apprehensive today.   

                                                                                     



So these two will be packing their little bags ready for their first holiday.  Romeo absolutely loves going in the car and watching the world go by.  The decision to take Rufus was more out of the fact that the holiday was already booked when we agreed to take him on and as he's had two new homes in as many months we didn't want him to feel he was being abandoned again.  Debbie out groomer told D that he cried the first time he left him with her he must of thought he was moving home again and wondered what on earth it was he had done that was so terrible that he was on the move again.  Still he is very much a part of our family and home now and won't be going anywhere else to live again.  He seems to be another one who likes going in the car but unlike Romeo he just tends to curl up fast a sleep.                                                 

I have books stored in readiness on my Kindle so all that remains is for me to decided which crochet or knitting project I should take with me although I will be on the lookout for wool shops whilst away probably much to D & number 3's disappointment. 


Hope you all have a good week and don'y work too hard will you.

Mx

12 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love Scotland. Have an amazing trip and bring back lots of jealousy inducing photos ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will certainly try. Hope your travel plans are still coming along nicely.

      Delete
  2. I'm envious, Scotland is somewhere I've never been. Poor Rufus, it makes you wonder what's going through their minds, doesn't it? Bless him, I bet he'll have a wonderful time. Looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back, have a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dogs will be the easy part of the holiday keeping D and Number 3 out of mischief could be a challenge.

      Delete
  3. Your four doggies are all very cute. Our son and daughter-in-law have a very docile Cavalier King Charles - same colouring as your Romeo and a lively Weimeraner (which was a rescue dog). As you can imagine, both very different with different needs! Have a lovely holiday break in Scotland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are the loveliest breed I've ever owned. I had always had bigger dogs growing up. Each one of the four has a different personality. I think Buster would of been on par with the Weimeraner when we first got him always into mischief but he is getting better as time goes on. In his defense it's not entirely his fault I think he was left a lot to his own devices with his previous owner and came to us in pretty poor condition and no training apart from toilet training and he's just turned 3. I'm sure he'll get there in the end.

      Delete
  4. Have a lovely time away, I'm sure the dogs will have as good a time as you !
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate I intend to try and have a good time. The dogs will have a great time with lots of nice walks. We're going to an area I don't know well but D has been many times in previous years so at least he'll know where the best places to go will be. As long as there are wool shops I don't mind.

      Delete
  5. I hope you all have a wonderful week away and get to relax and enjoy all you do.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope so it's been so hectic of late I'm hoping to to have some nice walks, nice places to visit but also some time to read and do some knitting or crochet. D told me I could take my kindle but not my crocheting or knitting but I will sneak some in the car somewhere.

      Delete
  6. We love Scotland its so beautiful up there. On our last visit we got up as high as Cape Wrath amazing! I am sure that you and all your dogs will have a great time! Before we got Maisie, we took Farley up and he loved the beaches. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The two boys at the kennels had a great time apparently they were the best behaved they'd had for a while. Sure she must be confusing them with another pair of spaniels. The two boys who came with us were on their best behaviour too which meant we could have a nice relaxing holiday.

      Delete