Pages

Tuesday, 25 February 2014

And then there were Four


Now I know I said that Buster was the last one 
But this little chap needed a new home as his current owner has been diagnosed with a terminal illness and wanted to make sure that he was settled whilst he was still able. 


So let me introduce to you Rufus who is a Ruby Cavalier King Charles Spaniel aged just 2 years.



And of course a dentistix makes everything ok in just the same way as chocolate does for me. 





He only arrived last night so everything is still a bit new but he is making pals with the other boys and certainly was happy to share his space with Romeo.

He's a real cutie and still quite small in comparison to the other boys. I had expected a bit of a disturbed night with him but he was very good and didn't whimper once so I'm hoping that he is going to settle quite quickly. 

So D got his own way and now has a complete set of Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.  I'm just glad that we didn't go for a Cocker as I could of found myself in trouble with all the differing variations of colours and he wouldn't of been happy until he had one of each.

Will keep you posted on how he settles in.


Mx




8 comments:

  1. Awww, I've been waiting for this post all day. He's beautiful, and I bet D is thrilled to bits now he's got the full set. How very sad, the reason for him needing to be rehomed, but I'm sure it will put his owner's mind at rest to know that he's settled in to a home with dog lovers and other doggy friends. I'm sure he'll settle quickly with the other boys showing him the ropes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a real cutie and seems to be settling quite well all things considered. We will keep in touch with the previous owners and let them know how he is getting on but yes it is a very sad situation and only quite young.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful quartet! I hope he settles in soon and gets on well with the rest of the pack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a real cutie pie and loves his cuddles he buries himself right into you and looks at you with those big brown eyes.

      Delete
  3. He is cute, good name! Its good that he is settling in with the other dogs, we had that last summer when we took on Maisie but, there were no problems its as if she has always been with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monty is our old boy now in comparison to the other three and he's so laid back he reminds me of Dillon off the Magic Roundabout. Romeo likes to be top dog and Monty has been quite happy to let him, if anything there has been more competition for alpha male with Buster but he's only been with us since October and was still intact when he came to us so he's probably still got one or two hormones floating around even though he's now no longer intact. I think Rufus is going to be more like Monty and not really care whose top dog as long as he gets fed and watered gets his walks and lots of cuddles. Buster has knocked him out of the way a few times so we are just keeping a close eye on that and don't leave them on their own for the time being. I'm sure they will settle down and it's very early days. I think Buster is a bit of a throwback in terms of size he's a lot bigger than the other three for the breed and doesn't always know his own strength.

      Delete
  4. 4 is a nice even number! The reasons why Rufus has come to you are very sad, but I bet his owner is happy knowing he is going to a well loved home. I hope he continues to settle well.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He seems to be making himself right at home. He gets on well with the other boys and is fitting right in. He has already met Dr. Sue the Vet who has already fallen in love with him and next week he is off to meet Debbie the groomer.

      Delete