Pages

Tuesday, 14 January 2014

Another Year Older

`

This weekend saw me turn another year older but not necessarily any wiser


I received some lovely gifts from family and friends including my lovely flowers, lots of DVD's to help with my challenge, bits and bobs for my den and some gorgeous perfume.


This little bag was made by my colleague Jacqui who was my Poppy making partner last year. It's just right for keeping my crochet projects in and has little pockets inside to hold all my bits and pieces. 


I had a great day, had a lie in and bought a cup of tea in bed so I could read my book for a little longer. We went off out for brunch took the three 4 paws out for a walk around the village but it was bitterly cold so it was a quick retreat back home where they soon settled down for an afternoon snooze.

The day was rounded off with a takeaway, DVD and a glass of wine or two,


and of course lots of lovely hooky time, starting to join together my 'Returning Home from Afghanistan' Afghan.











Meanwhile in The Willows garden things are starting to grow again. The Winter Honeysuckle is coming into bloom and my Daffodils shoots are appearing around the garden.  






I know we are still officially still in Winter but at least it's beginning to feel like Spring is just around the corner. 


Hope you are having a good week whatever you may be doing.


Mx




10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a lovely relaxing day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did thank you Jenny and I have lots of great films to watch and a big box of chocolates to eat whilst I'm watching them.

      Delete
  2. Happy belated birthday. It sounds like you had a lovely weekend and you were thoroughly spoilt with all your wonderful gifts. Awww, the doggies all look so cute lying together like that. I don't know about spring being around the corner, I reckon we've got some cold weather to come yet, it's been so mild so far this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A girl can dream can't I? It was certainly bitterly cold this morning with little sleety bits in the air but now it's brilliant sunshine. Still very cold though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many happy belated birthday wishes to you. Sounds like a very relaxed day.
    It's very encouraging when those green shoots start appearing!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was which was lovely. We have been hit quite badly in the garden following the recent storms it's a wonder anything has survived out there so looking forward to a bit of colour again.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a great day! Happy birthday! Your blanket looks like its coming along, I am thinking I should of tried the, together as you go method, as when I am done with the squares, they have to be put all together, that will take a while. Just noticed the Autumn leaves blanket on the bottom of the screen, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you for all my lovely birthday wishes one and all.

      Delete
  7. It certainly is coming along it's as big as the autumn leaves now and I was getting to the stage where I needed to know which of the colour combo's I needed to make next so just thought it would be easier to start and put together as the next round will take over 50 squares which by my calculations will take me to the beginning of March and then I'll be adding that round to the main piece. All I can say is number 2 better appreciate it although I know his girlfriend likes it so it will have a new home to go to.

    ReplyDelete