Pages

Tuesday, 24 December 2013

MERRY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL


Following the dreadful weather last night of Gail force winds and lashing rain causing much disruption on the roads and railways this was the sky tonight. 



Isn't it just magnificent. I love coming out into the garden as the sun is setting to see such wonderful colour.




It has been a hectic few days with family arriving and last minute shopping to be done.  But that's it all shops are closed so what you don't have it's not worth worrying about.  By now I hope you have all started your Christmas celebrations.

Tonight we kicked things off with a family meal that included a favourite of Steak & Ale Pie enjoyed by all.



With finishing on Friday for the holidays I have already started enjoying a bit of R & R so much so that I have managed to finish my latest book 'Christmas at the Ragdoll Orphanage' by Suzanne Lambert and you can as always find out what I thought about it here.



So here we are with less than 30 minutes till midnight, the meat has been collected from the butchers and the fresh veg from the farm shop. D has bought enough food to feed the village and the traditional triffle has been constructed by yours truly and Christmas Day will soon be upon us.

Therefore it just leaves me to say a big thank you to everyone who has visited my blog and for making feel so welcome over the last six months, I am certainly looking forward to making even more friends in blogland over the next 12 months.  


Merry Christmas to you all however and wherever you will be celebrating the holiday season this year.

Mx





4 comments:

  1. That sky is beautiful. It's very windy here again today, definitely a day for hunkering down with a bit of knitting or crochet and a good film. Hope you've had a lovely Christmas and that you're still enjoying the festivities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely been very cold here today. We ventured out for a couple of hours but soon came back to the warmth of the cottage. Having blocked out all the squares I have been working on my Autumn Leaves blanket today joining them all together. I'm about a quarter of the way through up to now. Still there's always tomorrow. So far I think I have watched about three verions of A Christmas Carol/Scrooge. I think Scrooge is my favourite with Alastair Sim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful red sky at night, sailor's delight. I see my friend that you like to read and so do I. I checked out your other blogs and love the counted cross carrousel that you are working on. I did leave a comment on that post. The picture you had the artist do is awesome. I have Yorkshire's myself and they are the most spoiled rotten dogs anyone could have. Some days I would like to wring both of their necks and 2 minutes later I just wanna hug them. The job of joining squares together is another job, I just finished my hex blanket for my mom and I am so relieved to be done with it. Keep warm, I'm sure you are also in the midst of cold nasty weather. About all it is fit for is to sit and crochet with a cuppa something close by. I hate getting out in it anymore.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :) P.S. Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such nice comments ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sky looks stunning in your photos.
    I've just been catching up with everyone's blogs over this last day or so, I hope you all had a merry Christmas and wish you a happy bew year too.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete