Pages

Sunday, 1 December 2013

Decisions, Decisions

Over the past month and a half I have been duly making my one square a day for my 'Coming Home From Afghanistan' Afghan.  This coming week will see the 50th day of my sons tour and therefore 50 squares. I am now at the stage where I need to decide what combination of pattern to join my squares and I am having a little trouble deciding.  With this in mind I decided to turn to my fellow bloggers to help me to decide.

Below are 4 photographs marked A - D and I would be grateful to any of you out there who would kindly leave a comment with which design you prefer  even if it's only the letter of your choice or maybe even suggest one of your own, I am sure there will be a combination that I haven't thought of.

A

B

C

D

Once again I would like to thank everyone who has emailed or left comments since number 2 left to start his tour.  I have had some lovely emails especially from those from forces families or have a family member in the forces and have been in the same situation I find myself in, trying not to worry but as his mum unable to do much else.  Your words of advice and encouragement on how to get through the next few months have been much appreciated.

Meanwhile life at home continues and here we are on the 1st of December and out in the garden the plants seem to be on a bit of a rebellion.




Up to now we have had such mild weather with only one or two frosty mornings that  my poor little garden is in total confusion and quite a few of my plants especially the fuchsias think it's time to bud up and flower again.  I don't remember seeing this before in the garden at this time of year. I'm hoping this will prove to be a good omen and that we will be given a mild winter this year. 


Have a good week one and all whatever you may be doing.

M x


4 comments:

  1. I think I would go A or B - but can't decide which really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like B best. Fifty days is a milestone, it must feel like he's away for a long time, but it will help as you check off these milestones. I've got geraniums still flowering in my garden, and the alpine strawberries are blooming too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice idea, I like A and C the colors work nicely and the red just adds a nice "pop". I remember last year the autumn felt long and plants hung around a bit longer, did we get snow in December? Can't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like B but C is my favourite.
    I hope you've been able to make up your mind which one you like the best.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete