Pages

Sunday, 15 December 2013

Countdown to Christmas

The Christmas countdown has arrived at The Willows.  With family starting to arrive next Friday the BIG clean has taken place this weekend and all beds have been made up in readiness.  I have been so far behind in my preparations this year.  The only thing I have managed to do ahead of time was to get Number 2's parcels sent off the week before the deadline.  Up until today not one card had been written or one present wrapped. This is so out of character for me, being such a control freak when the children were younger come the 1st December all cards were written ready for posting and the Christmas tree was bought and decorated.  Therefore I can only blame my children for growing up and leaving home for tardiness.  With just over a week to go I have now got all my cards written and sat on the table ready to go to the post office tomorrow.  All work colleagues cards are now written and presents wrapped and will be going off to work with me tomorrow.  This will just leave me D's Number 2 and Number 3 sons and my daughter's to wrap.  But come Christmas Eve all will be good.  The BIG shop is yet to take place but D has taken over this role this year.  We are very blessed with an excellent local butchers and two local farm shops that have the best produce.  


I have also been up against it to get this jacket finished in time for Christmas 


and  



I finally completed it and added the toggles on Friday night.

Thanks should also go to my fellow crafter Karen for modelling so that I could take some photo's. She was full of a cold and really wasn't very well.

Product DetailsProduct DetailsOn the reading front I have now completed these two and you can see what I thought of them here




Continuing on the Christmas theme of books I am now reading Christmas at the Ragdoll Orphanage.  

This is the first novel of Suzanne Lambert and although I am only part way through already I would say it is well worth a read.







Well we have an XFactor winner but I won't spoil it for those of you who haven't seen it yet but a deserved winner is all I will say. 

On that note time for a cuppa.

Enjoy your week whatever you may be doing.  

Mx

2 comments:

  1. I've got plenty to do on the Christmas front this week but I'm hoping to be all done for Friday when everyone breaks up. The jacket is gorgeous, I can see that lots of work has gone in to it, it's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I'm popping round visiting and saying hello to all of the lovely new people who have commented on my blog recently. Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comments. Sorry it has taken me a while to visit! Hope to see you again soon. Happy Christmas. xx

    ReplyDelete