Pages

Monday, 7 October 2013

The road to recovery


Last week I was poorly with a flu type virus that completely knocked me off my feet and put me to bed for 3 days.  Unfortunately it meant not much crafting or reading took place.




Now thankfully I appear to be on the mend and have been able to return to work and 100+ emails.  Towards the end of the week/end I did manage to finish off the second of my Pebbles cushions.



As the weather was still very mild over the weekend I also managed to tackle another project that has been waiting in the wings.  The garden chairs are about 10 years old now and were in desperate need of rejuvenation.  So I took one old chair and rubbed it down getting any old bits of preserver off as well as any cobwebs and their inhabitants. Applied two coats of Cuprinol  Shades (in this case Counttry Cream) and hey presto one recycled spruced up chair.  I think it especially looked nice with the addition of the Pebble cushions.  I have since rubbed down a further three and given them their first coats another in the Country Cream and the other two in Cuprinol Shades Wild Thyme.  I am really pleased with how well they have come up and hopefully now they will last another 10 years.

Have a good week one and all.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment