Pages

Thursday, 10 October 2013

Autumn Leaves

Having been confined to barracks all last week I have discovered in that time that not only is it just getting light when I leave for work in the morning but it is dark before I get home most nights.  This is a clear sign that Autumn is well and truly with us.

I felt I had to get out to enjoy the  fresh air and to take in all the beauty that Autumn has to offer. The colours of the leaves are wonderful.



Not to  mention all the fruits appearing in readiness to help our wild life as the season changes from Autumn to Winter.




With this in mind I got an idea for another project and immediately set off to the wool department in Oldrids Downtown in Grantham.  The Sales Assistants, Angie and Julie and their colleagues, are always happy to help and always inquisitive as to what my next project is going to be.




And this time it is going to be an Autumn Afghan inspired of course by all the colours in our woodland and surrounding countryside at the moment. As I have mentioned before I am still very much a novice at Crochet and having mastered a basic granny square some time ago I decided I wanted to move onto something a little more technical.. This has been made possible by Heather at Little Tin Bird  with her free tutorials.  So thanks Heather I will keep you all updated as to how the project is going.  So far 100 multicoloured circles have been made and now it is on to phase two. Going from a circle to a square. 



On the reading front I have just completed Susan Elliott Wright's 'The Things We Never Said' and you can find out what I thought about it here



And lastly the slow cooker is out again today as daughter will be home for the weekend and tonight's creation is Cornbeef Hash. This was one of the children's favourites when they were growing up especially on the nights they had been to gymnastics or swimming and were as always starving when they got home.  They may not do the gymnastics or the swimming anymore but it seems they are always still hungry when they come home. 

So a slightly more productive week than the previous two.

Hope you all have a good week and enjoy the remains of the sunshine.


M





















PS - I should tell you that the only problem with knowing what lovely deliciousness you have awaiting you when you get home is that you cannot  think about anything else all day and boy does that make you feel hungry....... 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your lovely comments over on my blog. I've just read your blog from the very beginning, such lovely posts and it does look like we have a fair bit in common. I've been crocheting for a couple of years now and I love it. I'm soon to embark on yet another blanket, I've made a few already, though I do still get the urge to knit sometimes, there just isn't enough time to fit everything in. Your doggies are gorgeous, one of our bunnies is called Monty. I'm looking forward to catching a glimpse of the new arrival too, is he/she a puppy? My slow cooker is back in operation too, I dragged it out of the cupboard this morning, so we're having chicken and veggies done in a coq au vin recipe mix. As for thinking about it all day, I'm at home so I've smelt it cooking all day, I'm really looking forward to tea time.

    ReplyDelete