Pages

Friday, 26 July 2013

A 'Wicked' Weekend


Last weekend was a truly fantastic weekend.  Over the past few months a group of us have all celebrated our Golden Birthdays.  We decided that having reached such a milestone that we should mark the occasion in some way.  After much deliberation we hit upon a day out in London to include a meal in Covent Garden and to take in a show to round off the evening.  If you haven't already seen it I would highly recommend Wicked.  For those of you who don't know the story, Wicked is the prequel to The Wizard of Oz, and tells the story of how Glinda becomes the good witch, how the wicked witches find their wickedness and how the cowardly lion, scarecrow and tin man become who they are.  



Covent Garden was as always packed to the rafters with tourists but the craft market and shops were wonderful.


The Golden Girls



I'm afraid this weekend it's back to the usual household chores. Still the summer hols are upon us and number 3 already seems to have an itinerary to cover the next few weeks.  He is off to visit some of the list of Cathedrals he wishes to visit with D whilst I am working as they both enjoy the architecture. So far I think this includes, Hereford, Durham and York with Gloucester at some point if D's back can take the drive.   He is also compiling a list of other activities for when I have time off.  I tend to have a couple of days each week of the hols as this suits number 3 and I seem to reap the benefit of the time off when I take it this way instead of a block of two weeks and it's not such a shock to the system when I return to work. 

Hope you are all enjoying the weather in between the thunder storms we've had this week.  Only trouble with so much rain the weeds have grown like triffids so guess how my weekend is likely to be spent.....

What are you up to ......................



M

No comments:

Post a Comment